Thursday, May 2, 2013

Impromptu Interview

This interview was spontaneous yet extremely helpful to clarify a final question I had about my senior topic. He also helped me with finalizing my things regarding my two hour.
Interviewee: Robert Ngo
What type of patients do clinical pharmacists see?
They usually see patients who have complicated disease states and drug regimens. There's this thing called narrow therapeutic window or range. It's where patients have this narrow window to get their drug regimen right. That's where the clinical pharmacist comes in. They need to widen up that window so that the patient will be able to benefit most from the drug regimen.

Ideas for my two hour
-Setup:
    Having white tablecloths for the lab tables. Posters everywhere. Pill bottles with everyone's name on it.
-Activities:
    Having a central theme of consulting a patient. The audience in my two hour will experience what a clinical pharmacist goes through with each patient.
    Poster making for my second activity with matching magazines
    Having case studies for my third activity

I am still deciding what to do for my sponge activity and the specifics for my third activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment