Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Blog 26: Senior Project Reflection

1. In my two hour presentation, I am most proud of being able to make time. It was something that I  was struggling with when rehearsing. However, once I started explaining my answers I realized that this was something I really knew about and was able to talk about it. Therefore, not only am I most proud of making time but being able to confidently know what I was speaking about. With regards to my senior project, I was most proud of the research that I have conducted. I was able to find research that was highly credible and incorporate this into my senior project.
2. Questions to consider
A. 2 Hour Presentation Self Assessment: AE
B. Overall Senior Project Self Assessment: AE
3. What worked for me the most in my senior projects were research checks and the EQ finalization. I felt that both these two aspects were important in helping my senior project what it is today. Research checks were always useful and it's something that I took advantage of. Without research checks, I don't think that I would've taken the time to really research. I was able to excel and improve my research skills and what I had found. What also worked for me was the finalization of my essential question. Without that step, I was not focused and it gave me that extra help to know what I want.
4. If I had a time machine, I would go back and do more mentorship hours. I was extremely busy and I felt that I didn't take full advantage of the opportunity given to me to work as much as I should have.

5. This senior project has been helpful to me in my future endeavors through allowing me to explore a possible career option and help me prepare for college. For example, through my I-Search paper, I realized that I needed to be able to write more eloquently in order to meet the standards college has. Another example is by being able to do extensive research on my topic. Because of this experience, I am able to conduct this research throughout my college education experience. I plan to take this experience as an eye opening one to a possible career option and in the end, just another experience to help me succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment